Thursday, November 6, 2008

It was a pretty good wall...

At least according to John. I thought it was pretty great, plus it was just amazing to stand on such a big piece of history.

Let me back up to the beginning of our day. I don't think I've mentioned our breakfasts, but they have a buffet as part of our room rates, so each morning has included eggs, orange juice, coffee and bacon (and I heart bacon!). After another great breakfast, we gathered and had a good time talking with the father. This country has really left an imprint in all our hearts, both by reminding us of our blessings and seeing the joy of the family here. We really asked the father to show us how to take these things back home so they don't get lost once we return to our lives.

After that we met our interpretor and headed out to the Great Wall. It's hard to describe, so I'll let the photos do that. After that it was a great lunch and a little shopping before a roast duck dinner with some friends here. It was good to laugh with them and hear updates from their end of things.

Tomorrow we head home. It's hard to believe things are coming to an end, but I know none of us will forget what the father is doing here.

--Jen


No comments: